Sunday, April 8, 2012

Blue Ribbon Pug


My little girlie did me proud yesterday at her first ever CKC show. We competed in Novice A Rally Obedience, first time we've stepped foot in the rally ring and we came away with a qualifying score and a tie for third place. However when there's a tie for third they then go by time and her time was slower than the other one so we ended up in 4th, but we still got a big pretty rosette!


We still have work to do, she was spooky in the ring and heeled very wide and was rather unresponsive. I was nervous and I'm not trying to make excuses but I completely forgot to make sure her collar was sitting right so her leash was comfortable and I think that contributed to her spookiness. She has leash issues and her leash was whacking her in the face the whole time unless she was far away from me so she chose that (I would have too, damn leash). Otherwise she was a good girl, she did everything she was supposed to really, just did it with a lot of space between her and me. I am so very proud of her, I might even post a video when Jolene sends it to me. 


The whole weekend was really great, I love dog stuff. All my friends are great and we have lots of fun and cheer each other on. Very supportive bunch and I really enjoy hanging out with them. Scenthurdle with them is great too even though I'm just their box loader, I really feel appreciated by them and I'm glad to be on their team (especially when there's cupcakes and candy involved!!!). I think I'll be entering Izzie in a couple of days at a show next month to see if we can finish up her RN title, she's a very good little Pug and I'm confident she can do it. Can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. You are an AWESOME box loader! We couldn't do it without you, & Izzie is the bestest pug ever!!! Congratulations on your first Rally leg!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the Rally leg!

    ReplyDelete