Monday, September 10, 2012

Back to Back Agility Weekends: Part 1

Izzie and I have returned from our trial weekend in Kimberley, BC. I entered last minute as I wasn't planning on going but really the funds were there, they needed entries, and I get weekends off now. So why not? Just like last year it was a beautiful venue and since it was a smaller entry we were done in the early afternoon both days! How nice is that? 

Izzie ran well and she was feisty and I made mistakes in her first standard leading to just over 50 faults, my bad. Her gamble opening was fast and fun and she even got a mini gamble, but again I messed her up on the end gamble. See a theme here? Anyways, her jumpers was clean but unfortunately just 2 seconds over time. Story of our life. So no Qs on day 1, I would be lying if I said I wasn't at least a little bummed and I whined to Sarah in text messages that night. Sorry Sar. So day 2 began with snooker and Izzie and I nailed it, Q and a first place which moves her up to MASTERS! Woo! Our first event to get into masters with! Then we had another standard, Izzie and I were on and running quickly and accurately and we Q'd with another first place. Last event of the weekend for us was another Jumpers, I was nervous about making time again but Izzie ran her heart out and with a whole run of only blind crosses we pulled it off with about 2 seconds to spare! Good Pug! That was the last advanced Q we needed in jumpers as well so now Izzie is in Masters in 2/4 events! 

This is huge for me because I actually made a goal this year, a smaller attainable one, and we're coming very close to making it with several months to go. All we need now is one more Standard Q and one more Gamble Q and we've reached our goal of getting into all masters events for the year. Makes me smile at how far this little Pug has come. Just last year at this trial she earned her second Q ever, a starters snooker Q. Kind of fitting that she gets the Q she needs to move into masters snooker at this trial eh? 

We'll be taking it easy this week in preparation for the Flashing Canines trial in Medicine Hat this weekend. Which reminds me! I need to email to move Izzie up in snooker and jumpers!

Oh and here's a photo for you all to enjoy =)


1 comment:

  1. I really enjoy reading your blog, I think I might try agility with my youngest dog, she's got a heck of a jump on her!

    What a gorgeous Pug you have :)

    ReplyDelete