This past weekend was our first agility trial ever! I couldn't have asked for a better weekend. We Q'd on our very first run ever with a first place even! I made mistakes and we didn't Q in our second run but hey, first time out we didn't do so bad! It makes me tear up a little to see how far my little Pug has come. It sounds sappy but I'll let the videos do the talking...
That dog in those videos used to run away at the sight of an agility ring or equipment. She used to hide in tunnels and find the farthest lap from me to sit in to avoid doing agility. She was slow and unmotivated to do more than a trot.
Some say i should have given up right there and that she didn't like it so why try again. So what if they think I'm selfish for trying again. It wasn't the game of agility that hurt her, it was the training (or lack of) that did. I knew my little dog though, and i knew she loved the game for real and we just needed another better shot at it.
So in the end. This Q is thanks to the fantastic guidance i've had over the past year. Thanks to the advice of Lynn from On Target Dog Training in Ontario, and meeting someone from Go Dog Go! at 2010 AAC Nationals, i might not have ended up with the Sarah and Amanda the most fabulous instructors i have now.
Well that sounded like an Academy Award acceptance speech but whatever! Thanks guys, you're the best and i couldn't have gotten here without you!

Fantastic photos & well done to you and Izzie. Hopefully Phoebe and I will take part in some agility this year! xx
ReplyDeleteAwww! Izzie is a super pug, and you are the one who has done all the work. Lots of people might have given up, or even worse just kept doing what you were doing with no results. We are glad you found us too! Izzie deserves to be a supa' star. ;)
ReplyDeleteGoodness Izzie! You are totally a super star! Make sure you get a few extra treats for doing so great this weekend. Loved the video of you in action.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Payton
Way to go Izzie, Way to go Amanda!!!! Congrats.
ReplyDelete