Leah over at Prairie Dobe Companion and I decided to revamp our blogs for the new year last night. Fresh start and all, which is what i love about a new year. Put the crap behind you and move forward. I suppose i could do that any day of the year but you know it feels more official when it's a new year. She also made me my spiffy new header! Isn't it cute and fun?
Anyways fresh start. To start that off I'm going to make some things that resemble goals, i still can't bring myself to actually call them goals but you all know what they really are.
For Izzie
Agility
AAC - Improve speed and confidence on course and trust my dog more, take chances and let loose. Make it to Masters level by the end of the year. (Might be a bit lofty but i'm going to be the little engine that could and be all "I think i can, i think i can, i think i can")
CKC - Get novice titles.
Rally
Get over our leash issues and get that RN title.
Obedience
Also get over our leash issues and get our CD.
Scenthurdle
Continue to improve scenting accuracy and speed. Be race ready by the Medicine Hat show.
Therapy Work
Increase frequency of visits.
Tricks
Train more, especially work on proofing existing tricks and getting that handstand! Work on "movie" cues.
For me
1. Stay Positive Always. Something i really struggle with, I'm not a "happy person" naturally so i need to constantly remind myself to stay positive because my dog feeds off of my mood. And happy people wrinkles are more attractive than grumpy people wrinkles and i ought to set myself up for good looking wrinkles as soon as i can. I'm almost 20 you know.
2. Complete the 52 Weeks for Dogs project. I was accepted into the group which gives me accountability as they're kinda strict, but i need that. I hope this helps me learn to utilize my camera as something more than a glorified point and shoot as well as push... nay, violently shove... my uncreative little self out of my box. A little discomfort can only make me grow.
Well that's all i've got. It's not much and some are kind of lofty but hey I'm not very good at this things that resemble goals business. And since i enjoy pictures in blog posts I'll add a couple that my brother took of Izzie last night.



Love the new look!!!
ReplyDeleteMe too! And I love the pics of Izzie in this post!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Payton
I love the look. I still can't even use my camera as a point and shoot so I'd say your doing pretty well.
ReplyDelete