That is until something shakes us down to our core and reminds us that every day with our canine companions is important. Every second of every day is to be cherished. I got a reality check about this particular topic this past weekend. A young dog in our club passed away. Everyone who knew him is heartbroken about it, he was an amazing dog.
I have been getting frustrated with Izzie more often in training lately. She does not work well when she knows i am frustrated and that should have been enough to snap me out of it, but it wasn't. The fact that i continued to be frustrated with my dog made me angry at myself. I do not want my dog, who has the main goal in life to simply make me happy, to feel like I'm always disappointed in her.
Our dogs are with us only a limited amount of time. Even a full life of around 13 or so years is not a very long time. We need to cherish their time with us and not waste it being frustrated or angry at them. There are bigger things to worry in life so don't sweat the small stuff like if your dog doesn't have a textbook perfect heel if being that close to your feet makes them uncomfortable.
So to all my readers, hold your dog close and tell them how much you love and appreciate them. Do it now, do it everyday, do it multiple times per day. They are only here for a short time, don't waste it.
Mi Corazón, originally uploaded by mandypug.

This is such a great reminder. I am always sad to hear about a little one that has left us. They are precious creatures. I'm going to kiss Payton now.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Christy
Very well said. So important not to sweat the small stuff that means nothing. I will go home tonight and let my pups monopolize every minute of my time.
ReplyDeleteKitty+Coco's Mom