Running K has helped me a lot with this, he likes a lot of encouragement and "yeah budday!" and "good boy!" in warm up and on the course. I'm not used to it but I've got to get used to it right then if I'm going to be running him and want to get him going!
Tonight at class Sarah made us get our dogs up and keep them up and focused on us for a minute. I go into it absolutely dreading it because I know I'm not fun plus we just worked for 45 minutes on the other station before coming to her. However not being one to give up, I tried my best (because secretly I'm sure there'd be some ass kicking happening if I did give up) and it paid off because Izzie was happy to stay engaged with me focused and playing for a whole minute! Go team Wonder Pug! I did manage to accidentally poke her face in one of the following exercises though and had to run carrying a whole box of timbits, if you want to be Izzie's buddy you better have timbits. This was the end of class, after working for a pretty good 45 minutes already and Izzie remained up and bouncy and wanting to work. I love this.
Now I'm not perfect at this, far from it. I have lots of work left to do and i need to constantly pump myself up if I ever want to pump Izzie up too. However the thought of ass kickings and my competitive nature keep me working hard at it, I've tasted the result of the hard work to get myself and Izzie going and I can't possibly give up now. I best get my iPod loaded up with some good tunes to pump myself up so I can in turn get Izzie going too!
Oh and since we're on the subject of pump up jams...
Enjoy that gem (it's not on my iPod... yet... I'm more of a dubstep kinda gal but I'm branching out lol).
Ha LOve it! you are doing great with Izzie ... and you are more than welcome to run K when ever you need it :)
ReplyDelete... next thing you know you'll be listening to death metal and gangsta rap :)
The right songs could really help get you in the right mood. Glad you both are having a great time.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Payton