11/52: Reminiscing, originally uploaded by mandypug.
The thing about wrinkles is they always make Izzie look like she's pondering life's most important things. Like how they get the caramel inside Caramilk bars, or what goes on in a certain Flat Coated Retriever's noggin.
What I was thinking about however was how far we've come in agility. This weekend we only Q'd 2/6 runs, but every run was fantastic.
On Saturday Izzie and I started things out with a fantastic Advanced Standard run that resulted in a Q. Izzie was faster than she's ever been and nailed all her contacts and weaves. Very good! Our second standard that day was also fast and fun but she refused a tunnel so we didn't Q. Third was Advanced Jumpers, I went into it with the mindset to just run and not worry about mistakes. It was perfection and we Q'd! I ran the outside and just let go and we did brilliantly. I definitely need to do that more.
Sunday we didn't Q at all, but all of our runs were really good with just a few things here and there. Our steeplechase was fast and fun, except I completely forgot where I was going. Whoops. Izzie didn't seem to notice though and just had fun, go Pug. Then our first standard that day Izzie was motoring, but she went wide off contacts and had a little bobble in the weaves that ate up time. Fixable things. Our last run, a second standard, was better than the first one but again there was some weave bobbles and they ate up time.
Overall it was an awesome weekend and i had a great time with great friends. Izzie did the best she's ever done and I'm very proud of her. I can't wait until next month's trial!

Wow, congratulations on your agility run. We admire the fact that you are improving and doing so well:)
ReplyDeleteMocha Barney, Ashley Pumpernickel and Winniechurchill
You are both rock stars in our book!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Payton
You guys had an awesome weekend! Izzie can really fly :) Just wait until she really turns up the speed. No one will be able to catch you!
ReplyDelete