Saturday, March 24, 2012

International Puppy Day

I've been informed that today (or yesterday) is Puppy Day. So being that day I figure I ought to post a bunch of Izzie puppy pictures.
First night home.
Izzie was a crazy little whirlwind of a puppy, I miss it. She matured quickly due to events and a sort of pressure to make my puppy into a perfectly behaving little soldier. If I knew then what I know now...
See how crazy bad she looked!
Of course she was the cutest thing since My Little Pony so I absolutely adored her, badness and all. In fact I rather enjoyed my bad little land shark puppy. Especially when she looked like this.
Melted by her looks, still am.
So at 6 months old tragedy struck in the form of a cat named Jersey. A very evil kitty. Izzie nearly lost her eye and was forced to be on rest for months. Resting puppy does not rest on her own, so I had to make her do it. Le sigh. If I knew then what I know now... 
Much to her dismay, we could not get animal planet with her cone.
It's been a journey. They say you don't always get the dog you want, but you get the dog you need. My little nutbar puppy with a wonky eye has taught me more than I ever imagined. She taught me patience, kindness, how to walk away, and brought me the friends I cherish today. I would never have rediscovered agility if it wasn't for her.
Really, she was a complete nutbar. 
To my partner in crime and , the most tolerant dog in the world, thanks for putting up with me through all my learning years.
Always a smile, even when being tortured by a tutu.
Here's to our past adventures and lessons and to many more in our future. I love you little Pug, you're so good to me.
Best Friends Forever <3
“It's just the most amazing thing to love a dog, isn't it? It makes our relationships with people seem as boring as a bowl of oatmeal.” 
― John GroganMarley & Me: Life and Love with the World's Worst Dog 


2 comments:

  1. omg was she ever cute!!! all wrinkles & legs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Izzie, you were a darling puppy! I'm overwhelmed by your cuteness! The first two are my favorites.
    Love,
    Payton

    ReplyDelete