 |
| Okay, at least this bitch loves bridges... |
On the second last day of our trip we went to Vancouver to visit with some of Sarah's family. She seriously has some of the coolest family ever by the way. They too make fun of hipsters.
 |
| This actually happened. I can't believe it actually happened and Sarah's aunt got a photo of it. |
Anyway they live right down town so we decided to hoof it to a nearby music festival with the dogs. It went on for blocks and blocks! I don't think we even made it to the very end of the vast sea of people and merchants.
 |
| I quite enjoy festivals too. Almost as much as bridges. |
The people at the festival were super fun. Lots of dancing and just people having a good time. Not just the performers but the spectators too. Although the dancing hot dog with ketchup and mustard back up dancers were probably the best part.
 |
| See? Hilarious! |
 |
| Izzie however, felt that dancing hot dogs were a bit out there. |
No matter where you go there's lots to see too. Whether it be purposefully built and natural landmarks or people making something fun out of a simple construction site wall. It's very cool, not something often seen where I'm from.
 |
| There was a whole wall of famous "Bills" along this construction site wall. |
We created our own attraction with the dogs too. Not on purpose by any means but we have excellent dogs and people seemed to enjoy our very strange trio of canines and their great obedience skills. We put them in down stays in a corridor for some shade while we watched one of the bands play and hoards of people were squealing with laughter and taking photos as they walked by. It was so cool. Maybe they'll show up on the internet somewhere? At least 20 people stopped to admire our impromptu Vancouver petting zoo.
 |
| We have some very good dogs. |
All the excitement made the dogs pretty tired and Izzie caught a snooze while we listened to more music.
 |
| Snore. |
It's good they rested up. The dogs had no idea what was coming next for them. Okay maybe Gyp knew...
 |
| HOLY FUCK WE'RE GOING SWIMMING! |
Yes Gyp, you are correct. Swim they did, all of them... Even the Pug.
 |
| Like a little Otter! |
Can't say swimming is the Pug's favourite activity but hey, she at least knows how to now. Good Pug. She was pretty glad to get out of that wet stuff though.
 |
| And I enjoyed watching her try and shake the water off herself. Wrinkles everywhere! |
Well other than dinner at a sweet pirate themed bar type place, this concludes the Vancouver part of the adventure. I may be able to churn out one more post tomorrow about how classy, sassy, and smart assy we were during the driving parts of the trip but you know it will probably turn into an overdramatic whine about how terrible winery wasps are and how I just might die from my possibly infected wasp bite. Or at the very least become an amputee that has to run agility with one arm. Fuck that's terrifying. I'm going to go feed my dog now, she looks kind of hungry and it is almost 11:00am here. Sorry Pug.
So glad you guys had such a great trip. I have enjoyed reading all about it. Izzie looks like she had a blast too!!!! Chance in a lifetime for sure.
ReplyDeleteHey, I've got something for you and Izzie on my blog.
ReplyDelete