Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Izzie's Favourite Things: Paco Collars


Pretty sweet no? I also got her a plain leather leash too but it's a leash, nothing special other than it's from Paco Collars and they're pretty awesome over there.

The design is called "The Pisces" originally designed much larger for a belt and since Izzie is a diva she needed some sparkle added so there's a few clear rhinestones substituted among the flat silver spots.

This is her third collar from Paco Collars. Her first can be seen in the header photo and was an x-dog mini, that now belongs to her friend Gyppie who wears it well, and the second one was a Swirl Deluxe that now belongs to the Roo-tard. Both given away simply because they didn't fit her any more (too big for her). So that left Izzie Paco-less for quite a while, a sad state indeed. 

Start to finish it took about six weeks to get the collar, two of those weeks were spend with me humming and hawing over what I wanted. The Paco peeps were ultra helpful with me and very patient, we finally came up with this and I said yes and we proceeded to production which took about two weeks as well. Each Paco collar is hand made individually at the time of order, you can buy sample collars or used ones if you're into instant gratification but each one you order specifically for your dog is made for them therefore you get the exact measurement you need to fit them perfectly. It's a small operation though so often there's a whole queue of collars that need making so it does take a little bit to get them made. Normally shipping doesn't take so long but I'm in Canada and the border enjoys holding my collars hostage for a while, it took just over two weeks to ship from California to my doorstep. 

Like the first two collars we've had, this one and the leash are no exception to the quality they produce. The leather is lovely and not stiff at all. This is something I especially like in the leash as I have bought some cheaper ones and have had them be super stiff and not nice to walk the Pug with. 

Paco Collars is a great small business started by a gal that wanted a nice leather collar for her Pit Bull that didn't have huge spikes on them, she couldn't find what she wanted so she set out to learn to make her own. That eventually grew into the Paco Collars that we know and love today. Their customer service is exceptional and they'll even accept bartering sometimes, I actually paid for Izzie's first collar entirely with treats and chews, they also have great designs and are willing to customize one or make a completely unique one of a kind collar for you too. I highly recommend them, definitely worth the price. 

So if you're looking for an awesome leather collar for your doggy pal, click here to check out Paco Collars. You won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment