Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Sticking it Out



It's no secret that I don't love my job. Even my customers can tell and while most sympathize with me and realize very few people love working in retail, some have complained about how I don't look like I'm enjoying myself at work.

I'll tell you a not so secret, secret. I'm not enjoying myself. It's retail, it's a job.

Stuff gets on my nerves and I'm more often than not pretty grumpy after being asked what the best way to show a dog who's boss is, or how someone can treat an eye ulcer without seeing a vet over and over and over again.

So why do I do it?

The answer is that little dog up there at the top of this post. I work this job because it's relatively flexible in hours (well what few I get anyway), it pays me decently, and sometimes I get to bring Iz to work. It allows me to pay for all the things I do with Iz. To an extent anyway. I wish I could do a lot more for her, and even get her a friend.

It is what it is though and every time I come home bitchy because a customer came in 5 minutes to close and made me stay almost half an hour late, I just cuddle up to my special little girly and remember that I'm sticking it out where I am for now so I can keep doing the activities we love to do together.

If something better comes along and it's meant to be it will happen. I'll continue to search but for now, Izzie is my reminder to keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment