Monday, January 3, 2011

Hello 2011

So it’s now 2011. Cool. I don’t really know what i want to say. Lets see… I don’t really want to review my whole 2010, so maybe we’ll just move on to the “goals” portion.
I’m not a huge goal setter, never have been. My sports psychologist and my trainers and coaches that i had growing up skating were very much into the goal setting thing. I went through the motions but it really just wasn’t for me. I’m just not one to try and plan out my life or make checklists for me to finish as i go along my year. So maybe i should just call them something different… How about Suggested achievements for 2011? Yeah i like that, it’s kind of like suggested purchases and i often like those suggestions. So here goes…
My Suggested Achievements for 2011
(and how I'm going to achieve them)
1. Spend less money on stupid things and actually start saving up – I will keep track of my spending and put away a portion of my pay cheques into a savings account.
2. Spend more time working with Izzie – Lets face it, I've been slacking in that department and our success and consistency (or lack there of) is a direct result of that. I will spend AT LEAST 1 hour each day split into short sessions working on various training with Izzie. I will also start a training journal to keep track of what we’re doing.
3. Learn how to use my new camera better and take more (and better) photos with it – I’m going to actually read the manual and maybe look into if there’s a photography class around. Or maybe just befriend someone who’s good at photography and get them to show me some tips haha.
4. Don’t give up so easily – When things go wrong I'm very very prone to giving up. I have an overactive flight response and i will run away and quit if something bad happens to me. I am going to work harder at sticking it out through the not so good times and situations.
5. Take more chances – I took some chances towards the end of this past year and they were largely unsuccessful which was kind of discouraging. However this kind of relates to #4, i need to not give up. So what if taking a chance has resulted in being rejected or embarrassed or uncomfortable, the hurt goes away eventually. What makes us strong is whether we accept defeat or stand up, dust ourselves off and keep going.
Those are my suggested achievements. They’re not specific like goals, more like ideas of how i want to be this year. I do however have one specific goal involving Izzie.
And that goal is…
Enter our first agility trial by the end of the year.
I think that’s achievable… Especially if i get my act together and work with Izzie more at home as well as continuing our agility classes.
Anyways, I’m starting to ramble so I'll wrap this up now the best way i know how… With an Izzie picture.
IMG_0731
Lets make 2011 great.

No comments:

Post a Comment