Another hot hot hot CKC trial and this time all our runs were back to back (I'm talking like 5 minutes between runs max) so I came home extra exhausted! Anyways Izzie ran awesome and thanks to some Glyco-Gen Energy Edge she kept a relatively consistent YPS and qualified in 7/8 runs. She also earned both her Agility Intermediate Select and Agility Intermediate Jumpers Select titles. What a good little girly!
So what did I learn this weekend?
- When I run confident and fast, my handling is a ton smoother.
- When my handling is smoother and I'm moving, my dog runs faster.
- Izzie knows what to do, it's time to stop holding her paw and push her.
- Remember what running Kaleb has taught me about handling like I mean it.
- Izzie and I can do "The Move".
- "YEAH BUDDY!" works, I should use it more.
So I'm resolving now to handle like I mean it, run fast, and push Izzie to be great because she definitely has the talent. Looking at the video footage I have, all the slow moments were because I wasn't being clear and I wasn't promoting movement. I need to fix that. I didn't get video of all our runs so here's some clips from the four that I did manage to get filmed! Enjoy.
Way to go Izzie!!!
ReplyDelete